One of the things I appreciate most about working with the team at Photodex is their neverending focus on helping you build a stronger business and skill set. This post by "Kathy" from last week is a perfect example.
For most of you, this is the slow season, but April is right around the corner which typically kicks off the start of the wedding season in the U.S. Wandering through Google, I found some interesting data on the SoundVision website.
- 2.3 million couples wed every year in the US. That breaks down to nearly 6,200 weddings a day
- The average age of a bride in the US is 25.3 and of a groom is 26.9
- Average number of guests invited to a wedding is 178
- One-third of those getting married each year have been married before
- $72 billion per year is spent on weddings
- The average wedding budget is $20,000
The number that's always a mystery is the number of wedding photographers out there. The estimates are all over the place, but what we do know is that it's an incredibly competitive market. That means you've got to stay cutting-edge on your skill set. You've got to build relationships with your clients and your community. You've got to exceed client expectations and make yourself habit-forming!
So, I want to add a few suggestions to Kathy's list of great blogs. Wander into YouTube and search for videos from the leaders in wedding photography. All it takes is plugging names into the search box, and you'll be amazed at what you find. For example, type in Sal Cincotta and see what comes up! From weddings to Profoto lighting tips, to engagement shots and pricing - you'll have your own private support series to help you build a stronger business.
Keep on searching and look up Vanessa Joy, Justin and Mary Marantz, Roberto Valenzuela, Denis Reggie, Bambi Cantrell, Joe Buissink, Clay Blackmore, Jerry Ghionis and Yervant just to name a few of the leaders in the industry. Then search for photographers speaking at upcoming conventions you'll be attending.
So many of the most respected artists in the industry are sharing content every day on YouTube and in their blogs, and Kathy has picked out ten who are outstanding. You've chosen a career path where you can never stand still and simply rest on your laurels, and great content is right at your fingertips!
Check out some of these incredible wedding photography websites and blogs that are full of beautiful wedding photos and so much more. Browse through galleries, videos, and even tips if you’re looking for some inspiration as the one getting married, for a friend’s wedding, or as the photographer.
- Cory Ryan Photography: Looking for the hip and modern bride vibe on your wedding day instead of the traditional ‘cookie-cutter’ wedding photographer then Cory Ryan is who you’re looking for to capture your memorable moments.
- Crystal Stokes Photography: Crystal is an amazingly talented award-winning photographer who is obsessed with finding/creating beautiful light and turning sweet moments into stunning imagery. Her work ranges from wedding to family and portraits and more…she does it all.
- William Innes Photography: William’s page is a great resource for inspiration. Browse through his galleries and blogs to get a feel for his awesome work.
- Sal Cincotta Photography: Sal has more than just his blog full of beautiful photos.
He also has his Behind the Shutter blog with tons of tips from his magazine. His work looks like something out of a movie or a painting…he has a real artistic flair.
- Junebug Weddings: “Showcasing phenomenal photography, and providing the most trusted list of recommended wedding professionals found anywhere in the world. Dedicated to helping couples plan the wedding they’ve always dreamed of, we encourage our readers to find and celebrate their own personal wedding style.”
- Melissa Jill Photography: Melissa Jill offers a beautiful site with every detail you could possibly need! She keeps her personal blog here as well reflecting her natural talent and personality.
- Lovesome Photography: For a mix of high-end boudoir, engagement and wedding photos,
visit Lovesome Photography. Search through her blog for fun wedding ideas and browse through her photo galleries to get a glimpse into her style.
- Modern Wedding Photography: Browse through the blog, albums, portfolio and more for an inside look into Modern Wedding Photography and all the gorgeous photos that get taken. If you want a fun, authentic, and candid approach from a passionate and enthusiastic photographer…you’re in the right place.
- Del Sol Photography: Del Sol Photography’s page has tons of amazing destination wedding photos to browse through. Check out their Trash the Dress section for epic images!
- Focus Imagery: Unique and beautiful photography with a “little piece of magic”. As they say. “We are storytellers and capture your day through our photo journal style of photography…The perfect blend of light, love, and you.” This definitely shines through after going through their portfolio.
We’d love to see those wonderful wedding photos and memories put together in an awesome ProShow slideshow. Submit your slideshow to be considered for a spotlight on our blog.
Be sure to select the blog submission option.
Don't forget to use SAVE20WITHSKIP in the code box when you purchase any Photodex product for a 20% discount. For a limited time, this special discount code is still active.