However, what he did want to do is help you create a jump in your business that made you feel like you just won an Oscar! And, that's the point about add-on sales.
Years ago at Polaroid when the Spectra Camera System was introduced we did a lot of significant research on accessories. Every study showed a consumer's opinion of a product, as well as loyalty, was enhanced if they could add accessories. The more we could offer in the product line the stronger sales would be.
Your business is no different when it comes to the goods and services you offer your clients. If it's done right, every transaction has the potential for add-ons. Even better is Marathon is making it easy for a big part of your shopping, with a complete series of products to expand the selection of what you offer.
- Holiday Cards: This should be a no-brainer, no matter what your specialty. And don't just think about holiday cards for your clients. Remember, you've got your own card to send out this year, and no photographer should ever be using a store-bought card. Use your own images and make this year's holiday card a way to remind clients the business you're in as you're wishing them a great holiday season!
- Professional Packaging: While it's not a particular product you'd offer a client, it is a necessity to your presentation. Don't just send them their album, cards or prints without creating a professional look to the delivery.
- Bella Art Prints: When Mark did his cartoon in 2013, the Bella line didn't exist. Now you've got stunning papers and the ability to offer a cost-effective product to your clients with outstanding quality and quick delivery too.
- Bella Art Albums: There is an infinite combination of colors, papers, and sizes to offer your customers albums as add-on sales, as well as a core part of every assignment. And, they're affordable, giving you an opportunity to build a stronger revenue stream of add-on sales.
- Artist Gallery Wraps and Floating Frames: Last year I used Marathon for several canvas prints for family members and good friends as holiday gifts. From different size canvas prints to canvas prints with a stunning walnut floating frame, we couldn't have been happier with the service. And, while a canvas print may not seem unique to most photographers, you'd be surprised at how excited consumers get when they see the quality.
All of this is an education process, and it starts with how you educate your clients. Click on the links to any of the product categories above and start thinking about how you can make this holiday season one of your strongest ever.
You've got to plant the seed with your target audience, and while it sounds incredibly simplistic, it's no different than a trip to any fast food chain when you're asked,
"You want fries with that?"