20.3 Megapixels, 4K 60p & 4:2:2 10-bit Internal,
Dual Image Stabilization 2, & WiFi + Bluetooth
This is one of the most difficult announcement posts I've ever written because I don't know where to start! The GH5 was formally introduced this week at CES and is shipping in March. Panasonic's new flagship is so loaded with new technology it's hard to think through what to talk about first.
So, start with the short video above. Then, check out this summary of features:
- Professional photo and 4K video performance in a durable magnesium alloy body.
- 20.3MP Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter.
- 4K Video: Internal recording at 4K60/50p (4:2:0 8bit) & 4K30/25p/24p (4:2:2 10bit).
- Variable Video Frame Rates 4K: Max. 60fps & FHD: Max. 180fps.
- 5-Axis Photo/Video Dual I.S. 2.0 up to 5 stops with compatible LUMIX MFT lenses, plus in-body stabilization support for classic non-O.I.S lenses.
- Fast and accurate focusing utilizing LUMIX 480 fps DFD focusing system and Venus Engine 10
- Full size (Type A) HDMI terminal with cable lock included & twin SD Card slots (UHS-II U3 Compatible).
- 3.5mm mic & headphone terminals - optional DMW-XLR1 microphone adaptor.
- Eye viewfinder 3680k-dot OLED, 21mm, 0.76x.
Here's the link to the press release for a better explanation of the technology behind this amazing new camera. I've been shooting Lumix cameras for the last two years, and the technology has completely revitalized my passion for the craft.
Along with the GH5 announcement also comes a new home for Lumix videos. Check out the new YouTube channel dedicated to Lumix cameras. It's loaded with great content and will give you a chance to check out everything in the Lumix family!
Panasonic's slogan is "Changing Photography." Well, they never slow down and today as a photographer you have the greatest selection of creative tools in the 175+ year history of imaging!