With Photokina taking place last week, there was one exciting announcement after another from Panasonic about the LUMIX line.
It's time to meet the FZ2500. With a new 20x optical zoom Leica DC VARIO - ELMARIT lens, Panasonic once again lives up to it's tagline, "Changing Photography!"
- The ideal hybrid camera choice for the advanced 4K video enthusiast and photography enthusiast alike.
- Large 1-inch 20.1 Megapixel sensor and bright 20X LEICA VARIO-ELMART F2.8-4.5 lens.
- 4K Ultra HD video recording plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus and internal Focus Stacking modes.
- “CINELIKE D” and “CINELIKE V” for cinema-like gradation, time code, live HDMI output (4:2:2/8 bit or 4:2:2/10 bit), and lens ND filter controls.
- Optional V-Log L upgradability for purchase, and an out of the box unlimited recording duration.
- Recording formats of MP4 (LPCM) and MOV, and bit rates extended up to 200 Mbps (ALL-Intra) or 100 Mbps
I've been shooting with Panasonic's mirrorless technology for three years now. It's totally revitalized my love for having a camera in my hands. While I don't make a living as a professional photographer, and often know more that I let on, that doesn't change my passion or appreciation for the craft. These days I'm pretty much NEVER without a LUMIX camera. I've shared a number of posts from the Luminary team as well as my own images over the years, and here's a new camera I can't wait to get my hands on.
The video above is only a couple of minutes and it's the perfect way to start the morning. Between the images and the music, it's simply soothing. As you watch the video, besides appreciating the 4K technology involved, think about how it's been put together. Yes, it's an infomercial, but think about how you'd tell your own story without a single word being spoken - just video and music.
The introduction to the press release is below. Just click on the "read more" to connect to the complete press release, giving all you "tech weenies" a chance to enjoy some amazing technology.
Interested in staying on top of everything going on with LUMIX? Wander over to the LUMIX Lounge and meet the entire Luminary Team. This group of talented artists and educators are on the road non-stop and they need to be in your network. You'll never be disappointed!
The newly developed 20x optical zoom LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens serves as the eye of the camera to achieve excellent detail. An inner zoom structure dramatically enhances the stability of the lens to offer smooth zooming much like a professional camcorder. By combining the built-in ND filters, 4 setting modes of ND filter are available with direct switch operation: -2EV(1/4), -4EV(1/16), -6EV(1/64) and AUTO*1. Users can record videos while keeping the exposure level the same with a fixed shutter speed or with a fully open aperture even in high brightness. Seamless iris control with a nine-blade aperture diaphragm and new galvanometer-type actuator is also equipped.