by Skip Cohen
Many years ago, I shared the "Top 10 Creative Rules of Thumb." I was wandering through cyberspace and found a site called Quoteland. After a little mining, I uncovered the following gem from Charles "Chic" Thompson. While he obviously added his own twist of humor to the concept, think about each of his ten points.
The pandemic has changed everything in business today, and everyone is facing similar challenges in how to get things back on track. As the political and medical world argue over how to reopen the country, you've got one significant advantage - you've got time to do things right!
Things will get back to normal, but it'll be a new normal, and it's going to take time. Use the list below to help you think it all through and then hit the ground running! And if you're stuck and need help, you know where to find me.
Top 10 Creative Rules of Thumb
1. The best way to get great ideas is to get lots of ideas and throw the bad ones away.
2. Create ideas that are 15 minutes ahead of their time…not light years ahead.
3. Always look for a second right answer.
4. If at first you don’t succeed, take a break.
5. Write down your ideas before you forget them.
6. If everyone says you are wrong, you’re one step ahead.
If everyone laughs at you, you’re two steps ahead.
7. The answer to your problem “pre-exists.” You need to ask the right question to reveal the answer.
8. When you ask a dumb question, you get a smart answer.
9. Never solve a problem from its original perspective.
10. Visualize your problem as solved before solving it.
We've postponed the f64 Lunch Bunch for a few weeks. There's so much going on in everybody's lives right now in terms of help and education. However, we're all still here to help and just an email away.
And if you missed the May 6 lunch with Bobbi Lane and Tony Corbell - it's pretty amazing. The video is just a click away.
ClickCon 2020 Circle the Dates!!
The pandemic may have moved the dates for 2020 to August 10-13, 2021, but that's NOT slowing Team ClickCon down. Stay tuned for new programs online with ClickCon Nation! It all starts on August 11th.
Check out "Why?" one of the most popular features on the SCU Blog. It's a very simple concept - one image, one artist and one short sound bite. Each artist shares what makes the image one of their most favorite. We're over 100 artists featured since the project started. Click on the link above and you can scroll through all of the episodes to date.