For the past four summers we've done Skip's Summer School and each year it's become even better than anticipated, That result is NOT because of anything I've done. It's thanks to the input from hundreds of photographers who have attended these programs, vendors who have supported us, and incredible photo educators who love their students. We've also listened very carefully to the attendee feedback after each program. As a result, this year we've brought in some new instructors, expanded the quality of platform programs and added a few new events.
So here's the list of why you should join us in August for SCU's Summer Session...
- Hands-on programming in groups that will never exceed 20 people - This gives you a chance to expand your skill set and at the same time build your network. You not only develop a relationship with the instructor, but other photographers attending the same class.
- You need to recharge your battery and get ready for what will hopefully be one of your strongest sales periods, the fourth quarter - Summer Session gives you new ideas and a chance to talk about the business with some of the best photographers in the industry.
- Personal instruction from seasoned veterans - Year after year the entire faculty has worked hard to help each attendee beyond just their skill set. That means you're working with people who can help work through issues in marketing, building your business and your brand in addition to learning how to be a better photographer. Right off the bat, I've just started working with each attendee on an informal business review so that by the time they get to Chicago, they're more focused on what they need to do to THRIVE - not just survive!
- It's got great value - First, the "Save Me a Seat" program has never been done in this industry before. You can put down a deposit, hold your place, and pay the bulk of the bill on October 1, 2013, 60 days after the program is over! This gives you a chance to implement things you've learned for two full months before the bill is even due. Second, for alumni there's a discount program. Third, if you bring a friend who hasn't been to Skip's Summer School you get a credit of $100. And last on the list is a new, incredible bonus. Each attendee gets a $200 credit from Venice Album exclusive to Summer Session participants, good until the end of the year.
- This program is intense and it's FUN! Remember "fun"? It's getting to be a lost art, but here's the reality. When you're learning something that's life-changing and going to help increase your earnings and improve your lifestyle it can't help but be fun!
So, here's the bottom line. This program has been recognized as one of the best workshops in the country. It's changed people's lives. It's expanded their network, helped them grow as photographers and grown their businesses.
Summer Session doesn't just end when you go home. In the months following each program, year after year, along with members of the faculty, we're here to help on a wide variety of challenges. Whenever a photographer hits a dead end we try and help. Just check out the 300+ people involved in Skip's Summer School on Facebook and you'll see what I mean.
We're looking forward to seeing you in Chicago!