I want to get back to short posts on the weekend giving photographers something to think about, but not burying you in too much detail. So, let's see if "Weekend Shorts" fits the bill.
My good buddy Terry Clark said to me a long time ago:
“The best thing to do to survive and thrive is find what everyone else isn’t doing and do that thing.”
So, what are some of the things you should be doing to make yourself stand out?
· Review your website and make sure every image you have is spectacular!
· Be accessible! Use the phone, talk to your clients and respond quickly when you have an inquiry.
· Look for great products to accessorize what you offer. Albums, frames, canvas prints and slide shows will separate what you offer from your competitors.
· Develop fun promotional offers and theme them to the time of year, your area or relationships with other companies.
· Look for opportunities to team up with other vendors in your marketing.
· Get involved in your community! People like to buy products from companies they perceive as giving back!
· Develop a reputation for great Customer Service!
Last but not least, don’t be afraid to work with your competitors. Having a great relationship with a couple of key competitors will often become your biggest asset in marketing and building your business!
“Bill Maher and I are on against each other, and we're friends. He can do my show any time he wants, and I've done Politically Incorrect several times. There's no reason to think competition has to be adversarial.” Jay Leno
Illustration Credit: © Matthew Trommer | Dreamstime.com