I admit it, I miss a few typos now and then, but I still proofread everything. Well, many of you don't proofread anything - not your posts, copy on your website, even brochures and flyers. If you're going to be publishing something then you at least need to pay attention to grammar basics and spelling.
Every day I look at dozens of sites. Sometimes I can't understand what the photographer is even trying to say. It's only because they didn't proof-read what they wrote. So, here are some suggestions before you publish anything.
- Use spell check on everything you publish.
- Read it out loud
- Pay attention to words that sound the same but have different meanings like, too, to and two...it's and its...etc.
- Use a paragraph break when you're changing thoughts or want to make a stronger point.
- Have an associate, friend or family member read what you wrote.
- Read it out loud one more time.
- Read it out loud one more time!