In this short video below, Mallory and Glen from Bay Photo took me through a whole series of new products. Yup, it's an infomercial, but it's loaded with ideas for your business. In fact, Bay Photo isn't just a lab, but a marketing company designing products to help you grow. (Click on any of the product images to see more detail on Bay Photo's website.)
Here's a different way to look at their incredible range of products, especially some of these new items...
- Everybody is looking for ways to separate themselves from their competitors. That means you need some different products.
- Instead of special promotions where you discount your services, look for ways to develop your own line of premium products. You don't need to discount your rates if you can find products with strong perceived value to your clients.
- Now and then you need to simply thank a client. You're about to see some terrific products you could use just to say "thank you".
- Keep in touch...here's the scenario. It's the anniversary of a client who hired your for a family sitting or a wedding. How about pulling one of your favorite images from their archives and printing one of the small booklets or ornaments Glen and Mallory show in the video? Marketing today is about building relationships and you need to stay in touch with your clients.
- Last on the list are promotional items just to get your name out in the community.
Image Boxes for Albums and Prints - I love the wood look of these and they're practical too, especially if you've got prints you're sharing with potential clients at a bridal fair.
USB Drives and Wallet Boxes - No matter how much I believe in the importance of prints, you still will have clients who want images they can post on Facebook, their site/blog and share. Why not elevate the presentation?
Ornaments, Coasters, Magnets and Mini Books - From "save the date" communications to ornaments and chain pulls, each of these items are a way for you to keep in touch with great clients all year long. They're the perfect thank you and a reminder of your passion as an artist and storyteller.
Wood, Metal and Acrylic Prints - This was one of my personal favorites in Bay Photo's booth. You've got to make your work stand out from the crowd. You've got to show work that's new and exciting to your clients.
Here's the bottom line: Your road to success comes in three parts. The first third is about your skill set and becoming a true artist, never compromising on quality. The second third comes in your presentation to your client with products that are exciting, new and help you to exceed their expectations. The last part is about marketing and building a reputation that makes you habit-forming!
This is far more than a post to introduce you to BayPhoto's product line and some good friends from the industry. It's about marketing and hopefully planting some seeds for ways you can better meet the mindset of your clients and raise the bar on your brand. Let's make 2015 your best year yet!