- It's back to school time and Mom's about to have some time on her hands again. How about planting the seed for a fall family portrait?
- Back to school means some great events...homecoming, Friday night football games and so many opportunities to tie in with PTA events in your local community.
- Back to school also means kids interested in photography and your chance to get involved volunteering to help with school newsletters, yearbook images and maybe even teach a class on photography.
- Halloween is an amazing time to create an event in your community.
- With the Fall, comes a ton of opportunities to write about in your blog. Better picture taking tips at the holidays, for a start. Just reminding people to get detail shots at Thanksgiving before the turkey's been carved and the table looks like a tornado came through the room, might be just the thing to hook more people into reading your blog. You're storytellers - share your expertise.
- Interested in Senior photography? Let's jump back up to the back to school crowd. This is your opportunity to find those 6-10 ambassadors who you're going to bring on to help you spread the word about your work.
- Planning for the first quarter...now's the time for you to start thinking about what shows you're going to hit at the start of 2015. Time flies when you're having a good time and before you know it, January's going to be here and you're going to be kicking yourself that you didn't make plans for ShutterFest 2015, IUSA, WPPI or a host of state/regional conventions. STOP PROCRASTINATING AND START MAKING SOME RESERVATIONS!
- And the biggest one of all is the opportunity to plant the seed for holiday gifts in December. Nothing beats an updated family portrait, pictures of the kids for Grandma, a special boudoir gift for Dad - the list goes on and on. And, if you're stuck trying to figure out what to do and what you're going to offer, how about just calling your lab and asking one question, "So, what's new?" From prints on metal, wood, fabric - you're going to be blown away by all the things you have to offer your clients.
It might be August, but there are so many things you can do to market yourself better and take advantage of the seasonality. It's an incredible time of year for photography and it's your chance to pull the year together and make it even stronger...but nothing can happen if you don't take action!