Let's get you into your own parade...
- Get involved in a non-profit in your community, so you can start building a reputation for giving back.
- Be consistent with posting on your blog - at least twice a week.
- Be helpful with the content you post.
- Join the local guild, camera club, etc. This is about getting time with your peers and working together with your competitors to strengthen your market.
- Attend as many workshops as you can to keep building your skill set.
- Never compromise on the quality of an image.
- Make Customer Service a significant part of your business.
- Attend as many of the regional and national photographic conventions as you can.
- Don't just build your network, but maintain it by staying in touch with the people in it.
It's all about building brand awareness and making yourself something more than just a photographer. Build your reputation on a solid foundation and pay attention to developing your skill set and you'll be in the parade instead of watching it go by!
PS - Those three images are from the DragonCon parade last September in Atlanta.