We're into that glorious time of year again: wedding season.
As a photographer myself, I understand how dangerously easy it is to become hyper-focused on technical details, such as the latest camera and lighting equipment. However, just as important (and dare I say more important!) is to put yourself in your clients' shoes and understand your photographic services are just one part of a multi-faceted machine. This is especially true with weddings. Understanding what your clients are going through during their hectic wedding process is key, and it can give you an advantage over your competition.
This great post from the good folks at Photodex presents some interesting facts about wedding season that can help your wedding photography business. I'll bet there's a stat or two in there you didn't know. Also, make sure you read to the end, as they give some very useful tips on how to best present your photos to your clients in slideshow form. Revealing your finished work to the couple is an art form in and of itself, and can easily make or break sales.
It's time to put yourself into your clients' shoes. Let's get to it.
Wedding season is in full swing! Have you ever wanted an inside look at numbers and lists of everything that can possibly go into a wedding?
Here are some pretty interesting fun facts and numbers for anyone trying to get an idea of what goes into a wedding. You can also find all this information and more directly from the 2018 NewlyWed Report from WeddingWire. From social media announcements to planning to couples information, the list just goes on! Good luck to everyone working or attending a wedding, and congrats to those getting married!
- 41% of couples are engaged for a length of 10-15 months and the average is 13 months.
- Photography average costs have remained the same since 2015 staying at $2,400. This doesn’t include videography which is another category itself that averages around $1,800.
- The average cost of an engagement ring these days runs about $5,000.
- The average cost of a wedding dress will run about $1,700 which has stayed about the same since 2015.
- The average cost of the wedding runs an average of $36,000! This also depends on what area you live in and if this is your first or second marriage. In 2010 the average cost of a wedding was $24,070…that’s about a $12,000 increase in 8 years!
- The most popular dates for a wedding to take place is now during the Fall. Peak time for weddings used to be in the Spring.
- 54% of couples are now generating a fun wedding hashtag. This is a great way to see all the photos everyone uploaded to places like Instagram. See what other ways couples rely on technology for their wedding by looking at the full report.
Wedding Slideshow Tips and FXWe’d love to see those beautiful wedding photos and memories put together in an awesome ProShow slideshow. Follow these helpful tips and tricks to start making your best wedding, engagement, or rehearsal dinner slideshow. To make your photos pop even more try adding a few of our creative ProShow effects or a simple theme.
- 5 Tips for Making a Wedding Slideshow (Part 1)
- 5 Tips for Making a Wedding Slideshow (Part 2)
- Creating a Rehearsal Dinner or Special Event Slideshow
- Damask Elegance Theme
- Always Theme
- Infinity Theme
- StylePack Weddings for ProShow Producer and ProShow Web.
Watch the demo video here: Damask Elegance Effects for ProShow
The SAVE20WITHSKIP code is still active - so, put it in the code box when you purchase any Photodex product for a 20% discount.